Project Location: Dumuria and Phultala Upazila of Khulna District
Project Period: July 2018- December 2020 (2nd phase)
Financed by: MannionDaniels Limited, United Kingdom
Total Amount: BDT 9,321,476
Direct Beneficiaries: 7,852
“Enhancing awareness on SRHR among dalit and marginalized adolescent girls and women” is a specialized project of Dalit on Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights since 2016. Major Activities of the project were: Facilitate the development of CRC (Citizen Report Card); Groups mobilization to access more qualitative SRHR information and services for marginalized people; Approach public health officials at CCs, Union Parishad, Upazila, District level. The project is implemented in 18 Unions under Dumuria and Phultala Upazila in the Khulna district involving 7,852 direct beneficiaries.
- Enhancing knowledge and skills on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights through awareness programs among adolescent girls & women.
- Providing skill-based training for adolescent girls & women.
- Awareness on gender equality.
- Formation of Watch Groups.
- Monthly meetings with watch groups
- Awareness program on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights at the community level
- Sharing meetings with different level stakeholders
- Workshop at Upazila & District Level
- Training on Advocacy Skills
- Training on Communication Skills
- Training on CRC Methodology
- Data collection from the CC and the community through citizen report card
- CRC Report sharing with local administration.
- Media campaigns at Upazila/District Level
- Dialogue meetings with public health authorities at Upazila/ District level
- Workshop with Health Service Providers at National Level on SRHR for leveraging resources
- Advocacy at Girls’ high schools in the project area for promoting SRHR/ Menstrual Hygiene
- Conduct seminar on CC Activities at the National level
- Develop a quarterly Newsletter on SRHR.