Dalit is working for empowering and mainstreaming dalit and other marginalized communities in the South-Western region of Bangladesh, who live in extreme poverty conditions. It is bringing hope to thousands of hopeless families through several programs (education, health services and income-generating support) and with a holistic approach.
Dalit aims at bringing qualitative changes to its target groups in different ways:
- Providing pre-primary, primary and secondary education to children in all the remote villages, supplying them educational facilities;
- Supporting Higher studies and Vocational Trainings for adolescents to unlock human and professional skills;
- Organizing Human Rights Awareness meetings to fight against social injustice, deprivation and any form of discrimination;
- Mobilizing community people for raising awareness on social issues as violence against women, child marriages and trafficking;
- Providing health care and disease prevention;
- Promoting the use of traditional/indigenous medicine;
- Facilitating the access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH);
- Promoting livelihood opportunities for vulnerable women and upholding local tradition through the handicraft production;
- Carrying out emergency measures in response to environmental disasters, as cyclone and flood;
- Enhancing awareness on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights.