Project Location: Tala & Assasuni Upazila of Satkhira District
Project Period: February 2016- July 2018
Financed by: Fondazione L’Albero Della Vita Onlus, Italy
Total Amount: 96,918.31 Euro
Direct Beneficiaries: 380
The interventions include activities addressed to carry out important works to ensure that beneficiaries have the water resources available for agriculture; to train the beneficiaries on new agricultural practices; to start up local viable alternatives that households can use in terms of micro income-generating activities especially in the domestic breeding; raise awareness about climate change and its effects on the destruction of natural resources.
To contribute reducing poverty and social exclusion in India and Bangladesh, in the area known as the Sundarbans.
To contribute reducing poverty and social exclusion in Bangladesh, in the area known as the Sundarbans.
- Community Training in water management
- Renovation of land and channels and construction of water collection points
- Cleaning and excavation of the existing channels
- Construction of the infrastructures for the water flow control
- Introduction of technologies for water management and mitigation of water logging
- Community based natural resource initiative
- Support to the agricultural component
- Training of the beneficiaries on technologies and practices of agricultural production in salty soil
- Development of plan of improving of the household economy – livelihood planning
- Training in domestic breeding